Tom Hutton is the criminal defense attorney proudly serving the entire panhandle. His office is located in Panama City.
Tom handles all Spring Break and Vacation Arrests as well! Click here to read more on Spring Break and Vacationers who get busted in Panama City.
Click here to read our Recent Case Results!
You are likely visiting this site because you or a loved one has been accused of a crime in or near Panama City, Florida. You’ve come to the right place. Tom Hutton is the person you need to stand between you and the government that is trying to take away your important freedoms and rights.
Unless you have been accused of a crime you cannot truly understand the fear and anxiety associated with such an event. When the government points a finger at you and decides to take away your ability to be free, to provide for your family, or to keep your job or home, you need a fighter to stand with you and to protect your rights and your name.
Those accused of crime in or near Panama City usually fall into two groups:
- Individuals who have made a huge error in judgment, who have made a mistake or series of mistakes and who now find themselves fighting to maintain their place in society.
- Or, Individuals who are falsely accused of a crime and who never, ever thought this could happen to them!
Our office handles both of these situations with professionalism and a willingness to fight for your constitutional rights. Tom Hutton is a former state prosecutor in the 2nd Judicial Circuit of Florida. He has a great deal of trial experience and has handled literally hundreds of criminal cases. Tom has even been hired by other northwest Florida attorneys to handle criminal matters within their own family. This shows that even other attorneys value what Mr. Hutton is able to accomplish in a criminal case.
You see, it does not matter how you got to this point. The fact is that you or a loved one stand accused of a crime in or near Panama City and this is a serious matter. It is time to contact our office and get the help that you need to get through this problem.
Tom is willing to handle cases throughout all of northwest Florida. Below is just a sample of the types of cases Tom will fight on your behalf:
- Fighting, domestic or public affray
- Providing Alcohol to a minor
- Underage Possession of Alcohol
- All drug offenses including trafficking
- Reckless driving with or without alcohol
- All criminal traffic offenses
- Possession of Marijuana
- Retail theft
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Solicitation of prostitution
- All theft offenses
- Possession of Ecstasy, cocaine, or other drugs
- Violation of probation
What should you look for in a good criminal defense attorney?
- A willingness to listen to your side of the story without judging you.
- An understanding of the Florida criminal system and how that system will influence your particular case.
- The ability to properly evaluate the facts of your case in light of the current Florida law.
- The dedication to fight the case against you until you are satisfied with the results.
- The ability to provide you with personal advice and guidance throughout your case.
- An appreciation for the fact that you are a real person who is likely very anxious about an uncertain future.
Tom believes that you should look for another attorney if you hear the attorney say the following during your initial meeting (ask Tom why for more details)
- The attorney promises a particular outcome for your case before you hire him or her.
- Before you hire him or her, the attorney stresses that he or she “is friends with the prosecutor” or has “trained the prosecutor” who will be handling your case.
- The attorney asks which other attorneys you have talked to and discusses other attorneys in the area by name and compares him or herself to those named attorneys.
- The attorney him or herself does not return your phone call but has an assistant or secretary return it instead.
- The attorney seems so eager to take your case that he or she is willing to represent you for much less than other attorneys in the area.
The above situations provide warning signs that the attorney with whom you are discussing your case might not be the correct attorney for the job. If you hear statements like these from another attorney, before you hire him or her, leave that office and come see Tom. He will tell you why he is the better choice to represent your interests.
Biographical Information for Thomas Hutton:
Florida State University College of Law,
- J.D. with honors, top 15% of class
- Dean’s List
- Kest Book Award recipient in Legal Ethics and Professionalism
- B.A. in United States History
- Franklin College Football team member
- Roger D. Branigan Scholar
- Phi Alpha Theta History Honor Society
Former Assistant State Attorney
“The promise of personal service from a real attorney.”
When Tom Hutton was preparing to graduate from law school he made the decision to resist job offers from large corporate law firms. He always knew that he wanted to represent real people rather than big businesses.
As a result, Tom Hutton conducts his law firm in a way that is helpful and not intimidating to his clients. When you call The Law Office of Thomas M. Hutton you will actually speak to Tom. He will discuss your case with you and help to relieve much of the stress associated with an arrest.
Tom will not hand off assignments to various secretaries or paralegals. He will not delegate tasks or cases to junior associates. He will handle your case himself – from start to finish.
In this day and age it is rare to find a law firm that does not shield the attorney from his clients. You will never wonder who is working on your case and you will never wait long for Tom to return your phone call.
This is the reason Tom Hutton decided to open his own private law practice. He believes in top rate client service and satisfaction and he enjoys working directly with his clients to help them solve their problems.
Call The Law Office of Thomas M. Hutton to find out what a real Panama City criminal defense lawyer can do to help you.
Tom is available as your:
- Panama City criminal defense lawyer
- Panama City Beach criminal defense lawyer
- Destin criminal defense lawyer
- Blountstown criminal defense lawyer
- Lynn Haven criminal defense lawyer
- Mexico Beach criminal defense lawyer
- Port Saint Joe criminal defense lawyer
- Apalachicola criminal defense lawyer
- Callaway criminal defense lawyer
- Bristol criminal defense lawyer
- Wewahitchka criminal defense lawyer
- Chipley criminal defense lawyer
- Bonifay criminal defense lawyer
- Crestview criminal defense lawyer
- Niceville criminal defense lawyer
- De Funiak Springs criminal defense lawyer
- Freeport criminal defense lawyer
- Vernon criminal defense lawyer
- Marianna criminal defense lawyer
SPRING BREAK AND VACATIONERS SPECIAL SECTION:
Many of our spring and summer visitors are college and high school aged students. An arrest or a notice to appear in court is a big deal at any point in your life – but when you are trying to build your future a criminal conviction of ANY SORT AT ALL can and will have a devastating impact upon your future.
The Law Office of Thomas M. Hutton takes special care when dealing with the ramifications of a youthful arrest or notice to appear in court. Tom can almost always take care of the case without the student having to return to Panama City to deal with the issue.
Among the more common cases Tom deals with in the spring and summer include:
- Underage possession of alcohol
- Drug possession (coke, marijuana, ecstasy)
- Fighting (bar fights, beach fights, club fights)
- DUI (see www.dui-tom.com for more detail)
- Reckless driving
- Resisting arrest